January was a fairly slow month for us and you will never hear me complain about that! Here are a few things worthy of remembering this month:
- I went to WalMart one day and came home to this:
- If you come to our house at lunchtime during the week, this is what you will see:
Lily asks for a picnic every single day and since she is the only one home with me in the afternoon, I always say "yes"! She loves to watch Octonauts while she eats and it sometimes takes her an hour to finish her lunch. I know I still have another year, but I sure am going to miss her when she goes to kindergarten.
- I made the mistake of telling Lily that we are going to the beach in June. The very next day, she insisted that she go ahead and pack her backpack for the trip. I tried to tell her that the trip was five months away, but no matter what I said, she still insisted that she needed to pack her bag. I finally gave in and she not only got packed, she carried her backpack around the rest of the day! I just love that girl!
- These two girls love each other so much! I'm not sure why Eden is wearing her skirt on her head, but this picture was taken right after I agreed to let them sleep together in Lily's room. They had been begging and begging me all day and were so excited when I finally said yes!
- We decided to go on a family outing one Saturday night. I needed to take something back to the mall so we stopped to eat at Abuelo's beforehand. I'm not going to lie, the dinner was pretty much a disaster. I think I took each kid to the bathroom at least twice and ended up eating cold food. The dinner might have not gone well, but the girls enjoyed watching them make homemade tortillas while we waited for our table. (And notice that Lily has her baby doll in her arms! She is so into baby dolls right now and is always playing mommy at home. It's so sweet to watch her love on them!)