Friday, February 7, 2014

Goodbye January, Hello February!

I realized recently that the last time I posted was on New Year's Day.  January completely got away from me and we are now almost done with the first week of February.  How on earth did that happen? 
 
I am so thankful that our January was low key and that we were able to enjoy a few weeks of quiet after the hustle and bustle of the holidays.  We spent a lot of time playing with cousins and just hanging out at home.  We had a few really nice days where the kids were able to go outside and play (one of the best parts about living in Texas in January).
We got Parker fitted for his tuxedo for Aunt MerMer's wedding (which is now only three weeks away...eek!!)  The girls loved playing with the three way mirrors in the store!
We got new barstools (or "monkey bars" as Lily calls them!).  The kids love them and request to sit at them for every meal. 
Eden and Lily enjoy playing together while Parker is at school but always look forward to him getting home. 
Eden got invited to her friend Grace's birthday party and was so excited to go.  She did pretty good when just her few preschool friends were there but became a little overwhelmed when all of the other guests started arriving.  She still said she had a fun time (even though she spent most of the party sitting in my lap)!
The girls and I ran several errands one day after speech.  We were literally two minutes from home when I realized they had both fallen asleep.  It was too cold to leave them in the car with the windows open so I did what any normal mom would do... I leaned my seat back and took a 20 minute nap myself!! 
February is going to be much busier than January.  I enjoyed the quiet while it lasted but I'm ready for the fun month that lies ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment