Saturday, September 13, 2014

Sweet Sisters

These girls. 

Every time I look at them together I'm flooded with emotions.

They are so different.  Exact opposites in so many ways.

But both so perfect.

I remember the day we found out that we were having another girl.  As soon as the sonographer said "It's a girl" I started crying.  Sobbing, actually.  She thought I was disappointed.  Once I pulled myself together, I told her that they were happy tears.  I had never told anyone (because in the end all I really wanted was a healthy baby) but I had been praying for another girl.  A sister for Eden.  My life would not be the same without my sisters and I wanted that for Eden so bad.  A sister to play with, to laugh with, to love.  My prayers were answered that day.  Eden received her sister.  

It's been fun to watch their relationship evolve.  It really changed when Parker went to kindergarten two years ago and they became playmates while he was at school. 

Now they depend on each other daily.  Like all sisters, they can fight like cats and dogs, but at the end of the day, they are so close. I don't know who looks out for who more- Eden or Lily. 

Eden starting kindergarten has been a lot harder for Lily than I thought.  She cried the entire way to gymnastics the first week of school because Eden wasn't there to go with her.  She begged me to take her home and said she couldn't do gymnastics without Eden.  And I really wasn't sure if Lily would go into AWANAs last week without Eden.  (Eden moved up to Sparks while Lily had to stay in Cubbies.) 

My prayer for them is that they will always remain close.  That they will share tears and laughter all through their lives.  That they will be each other's biggest supporters in the good times and the bad.  That they will always be the sweet sisters that I see in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment