Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Four Years Old

My precious Lily,
I am still not sure how my baby is turning FOUR today!  I feel like the luckiest mom in the world to get to spend my days with you!  You are such a happy little girl and you keep us laughing all day long with the funny things you do and say!  I wish I could blink my eyes and make you stay this age forever because I am enjoying it so much!  Here are just a few of the things I love about you as you turn four:

-You are growing so quickly!  You weigh 44 pounds and are (by far) the tallest kid in your preschool class.  You were in the 95th percentile for both weight and height at your four year checkup.  You wear size 6 clothes and size 12 shoes. 

-You are a good eater and will usually try at least one bite of anything I offer.  You love fruit and will usually try most vegetables too.  The one food that you do not like is beans.  Some of your favorites are any kind of Mexican food (tacos, quesadillas), oranges, apples, yogurt, and anything sweet.

-It has been almost a year since you got your glasses and you do a great job wearing them!  You usually have them on before you even come out of your room in the morning and don't take them off until you go to bed at night.  I'm so thankful we discovered that you needed glasses at such an early age.  I can't imagine all the things you would have missed out on this year if we had not figured it out.

-You keep us laughing with all of the funny things you say.  I need to do a post soon listing all of your mispronunciations!  There are almost too many to write down and you come up with new ones daily.  I am going to be really sad when you finally figure out this crazy thing called English!

-You love to color and play with your baby dolls.  You are great at feeding them and putting them down for a nap!  You also love for mommy and daddy to play board games like Candyland and Trouble with you.

-You can be shy but once you are comfortable, you are very social.  You love playing with your friends at preschool and church.  Some of your friends are Dylann Rose, Annabelle, and Sarah.

-Your favorite TV shows right now are Olivia and Peppa Pig.  You also love all of the Disney princess movies. 

-You love being the only child during the day while Parker and Eden are at school.  You are getting quite spoiled during the hours of 12-3 and get lots of special treats from me. But as much as you love being home alone, you are always so ready to pick up your brother and sister after school.  You love them both so much even though you drive them crazy sometimes!

-You love going to school and are learning your letters/sounds very quickly.  You love to "read" books to mommy and daddy before bed every night. 

-You HATE to be kissed but you give the BEST hugs ever!  You are very generous with your hugs and I always look forward to them!

I never knew my heart could be so full of love!  Between you and your siblings, my heart is completely overflowing!  You have stolen my heart and I had no idea when you were born how much I could love you!  I wish I could freeze time and keep you at four years old forever, but since I know I can't, I am going to try and soak up the next 12 months as much as I can.  Happy Birthday Lily!

I love you to the moon and back, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment