Friday, September 30, 2016

September Little Things

September was another busy month.  I've come to the conclusion that we have entered the busy stage of life and every month is going to be this way!  Between soccer, baseball, church and other school activities, there is rarely a night that we don't have something to do.  Here are a few of the memorable things that happened this month:

-I got a call out of the blue one afternoon from my former Reading Recovery supervisor. She was organizing a birthday party for Sammie, one of my other supervisors who has ALS, and wanted me to get in contact with all of the other Reading Recovery teachers.   I was able to reconnect with four of the teachers and we met for lunch before going to the party.  It was great to see them and catch up on their lives.  They were such wonderful mentors to me when I first started Reading Recovery and I forgot how much fun we have when we are together.  It was also nice to see Sammie and I know she appreciated us coming to help her celebrate her birthday.
-Parker ran for and got elected Student Council rep for his classroom.  He was so excited so we decided to celebrate with a Sweet Frog treat after school.
-During Homecoming Week, students were encouraged to dress up every day to support the Yellow Jackets.  Tuesday was "Twin Day" so the kids all picked a friend and they dressed alike.  Parker and Lexi came up with their outfits on their own!  Reagan and Eden found a shirt at WalMart and Lily wanted to be twins with Eden so we got her one too!  They all looked so cute in their matching clothes.  The reading teachers decided to participate too.  I'm so thankful for my coworkers.  They make going to work so fun!
Cleburne Eye Clinic finally had their ribbon cutting/open house.  Unfortunately, it was on the same day as the homecoming parade.  I was sad that I couldn't be there for the entire event, but I was able to stop by for a few minutes before I had to take the kids to the parade.  The new clinic is beautiful and is such a wonderful addition to our community.
It's hard to believe that another month has come and gone.  I know I'm going to blink my eyes and 2016 will be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment