Friday, March 31, 2017

March Little Things

We had a very low key spring break this year. On Monday, I had a little medical procedure that put me in bed for a couple of days.  The kids spent Monday hanging out with Grandma which was very helpful.  I was able to rest and they had a great time playing out at her house.  On Tuesday, the girls went to "camp" at Mrs. Humphreys house.  They learned about the life cycle of frogs, made crafts, and got to play outside with her chickens.  By Wednesday, I was feeling back to normal and was able to start getting ready for a garage sale on Friday and Saturday.  Emily and I had a HUGE garage sale to finish raising money for our trip to Guatemala.  It was very successful and we completely finished our fundraising for the trip.  Even though our spring break wasn't exciting, it was nice to get the garage sale behind us!
The first day of the garage sale was St. Patrick's Day. The kids all wore their green shirts and we made them a special "green" lunch!
 
 
The Saturday after spring break, I participated in the Camp Gladiator Diamond Dash with several girls from church.  It was a two mile run/obstacle course inside Texas Rangers stadium.  It was very challenging but I am so glad I did it!  It was fun to hang out with friends and prove to myself that I could make it through an athletic event without dying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment