Monday, April 27, 2020

13 Years Old

 Parker-

Today you become a teenager!  I can't believe how fast the last 13 years have gone!  You have kept us busy this year with all of your activities and there is nothing I love more than watching you succeed in all of the things you love to do!  Here are some of the things I want to remember about you as you turn 13:

- You are getting taller every day! You are almost 6 feet tall and weigh 140 pounds.  You passed me up a long time ago and it is strange to have to look up to you when I talk to you.  You are wearing a men's medium and size 12-13 shoes.  I have a feeling you will be taller than dad in a few months.

- You are so smart and making good grades comes easily to you.  You work hard and study hard and always give your school work your best.  You have really missed being at school during the quarantine but have done a great job with your remote learning at home.

- You have loved participating in middle school sports this year.  You did very well at cross country in the fall and you also tried football for the first time.  You didn't love football but I'm glad you gave it a try.  I think you would have regretted it if you had never tried it.  Your favorite sport this year was basketball! You loved playing for Coach Ellis and your team played very well together.  I can't wait to watch you again next year! You also loved running track and were sad that Covid cut your season short.  

- You still love playing trumpet in the band.  You joined the jazz band this year and even though it took you a while to get used to a new style of playing, you now enjoy it a lot.  You even earned a chance to have a solo in one of your concerts this year.  You love Mr. Hiller and being in the Wind Ensemble under his leadership.  Your proudest moment this year in band was earning a spot in the Region Band- something that only a few 7th graders achieved.

-You are still an avid reader.  If you aren't playing video games in your free time, you have your nose in a book.  I hope reading is something you will enjoy all of your life.

- Speaking of video games, you favorite thing to do in your free time continues to be playing video games.  Two of your favorite games this year have been Fortnite and Roblox.

- You eat a lot!!  Your favorite foods are spaghetti, tacos, hamburgers, pizza, and chips and salsa.  You also love to drink milk.  You can go through 2-3 gallons of milk a week all by yourself. 

- Your best friends are friends you've had for a long time- several of them since preschool.  Kayden S, Kaden H, Cole, and Robert are all great friends and I enjoy when you have them over to hang out.

- You do not willingly give me hugs anymore but you still like to crawl up next to me and let me scratch your back.  It's not perfect but I'll take anything I can get these days!

You are such an amazing kid and I'm so thankful that you are mine! Watching you grow into a young man is an adventure every day and I'm glad I get to be a part of it!  I hope the teenage years are full of exciting and wonderful things! I love you to the moon and back, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment