Thursday, October 22, 2020

10 Years Old

Lily-Billy,
I am still in denial that my baby is entering the double digit years today!  There won't be any more single digits in the Brown household!  You get more fun the older you get and I can't wait to see what this new decade brings to you!  Here is what I want to remember about you as you start the next ten years of your life:

- You are still the tallest one in your class.  You are 5'1 1/2" tall which puts you off the growth chart (100th percentile)!  And Dr. Morrow said you still have a lot of growing to do!  You can wear adult small clothes and you have surpassed me with your shoe size.  

- You love school and being with your friends.  Quarantine was very hard on you because you are so social.  You were very disappointed that Jery and Ellie weren't in your class this year, but you have made so many new friends like Jaliyah, Maddi, and Sarah.  You still love Nikkee and talk about her all the time.  I am so glad you make friends so easily!

- You are also great at making friends outside of school.  You know all of Granna's neighbors by name and look forward to visiting with them when you go over to her house!

- You are still a great eater and are always willing to try new things.  You love salad, fruit salad, and chicken salad.  You also love mac and cheese and mashed potatoes and take them in your lunch any time we have leftovers.  

- You love to be outside even if it means you are swimming or riding scooters/bikes by yourself.  

- You are obsessed with making slime and watching slime videos on YouTube.  I have almost banned it several times but always give in because you love it so much!

- You still love to snuggle with me and let me rock you every morning after you wake up and every night before bed.  It's one of my favorite parts of the day!

- You are so funny and make me laugh every day!  

- You are a natural born leader and always make sure things are running smoothly.  I've always said they don't need to get a substitute when your teachers are gone because you could run the class just fine by yourself!

- You love to cook and can make several things without any help at all.  You make us muffins for breakfast at least once a week and your cookies are yummy too!  

- You don't love to read but a weekly reading log at school has forced you to read more often.  Your favorite books are any type of graphic novel.

- You and Eden are still frenemies but quarantine has forced you to become closer.  You can often be found playing Legos, watching slime videos, or going for an after dinner swim together.  

I still can't believe you've been blessing our family for a whole decade!  You bring so much joy to our  lives and I'm so glad I get a front row seat to watching you grow up!  I pray that this new decade is full of wonderful things for you! Happy Birthday, sweet girl!  I love you to the moon and back, Mom
 

No comments:

Post a Comment