Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

Well, I rung in the new year with a new People magazine and a HGTV House Hunters marathon. If that's not exciting, then I just don't know what is!!

As I look back over the past year, I have to say that it was, overall, a very good year. Stable jobs, good health for everyone (including no MS relapses for Cory), a great husband, kids and extended family...the list could go on and on.

I have never been one to make a New Year's resolution. I just have never felt compelled to make a resolution that I will probably not ever keep.

This year, however, after reading a post on one of my favorite blogs, I decided to pick one word that I will strive to be better at during the year.

THANKFULNESS
That is the word that I have chosen this year.

As a mom of two toddlers, it is very easy to get so wrapped up in the mundane daily tasks of changing diapers, doing laundry, planning meals, and putting the same puzzle together for the hundreth time, that I lose focus on how much I have to be thankful for.

I hope that I will be able to keep this word at the forefront of my thoughts this year, especially when I am stressed or tired from a long day.

I hope that the next time Eden brings me a book that we just finished reading for the fifth time or Parker says "Come find me again!", I will be able to look at them and with pure joy and thanksgiving in my heart say, "I'd love to!".

For I know that there are so many out there that would give anything to have the opportunites I am having with my kids. It wasn't that long ago that I was the one longing to be a mom, wondering when it was going to be my time to hold that precious baby in my arms and call them mine.

As I look forward to the new year, I am excited to see what is in store for our family. It is my goal not to lose sight of all of the things that I have to be thankful for, not only right now when things are smooth sailing, but down the road when we run into a few bumps in the road.

I pray that you all have wonderful things happen to you in 2010 and that you too will try to focus on all of the things that you have to be thankful for in your lives. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment