Friday, February 26, 2010

A Road Trip, An Ear Infection, & A Busted Lip

This has been a crazy week!

It started last Sunday when I found out that one of my good college friend's father had passed away. My heart was absolutely broken for my friend. She lost her mom to breast cancer when she was in high school and now she has lost her dad to cancer.

The funeral was scheduled for Tuesday in Amarillo. Both of my sisters and my college roommate all decided that we were going to make the trip, but we all work and couldn't take off but one day.

We left Monday afternoon after work about 4:00 and drove the entire way that night. To make things more exciting, the last two hours of the trip involved lots of snow, some ice, and very poor visibility and we did not get to Amarillo until close to midnight.

Despite the nerve wracking drive, we had a lot of laughs on the way there, including "getting lost" in a very small town and my sister almost filling up my gas tank with diesel gasoline.

The funeral was such a wonderful celebration of my friend's dad's life. He was an amazing man and there are not enough good things that could be said about him. He will truly be missed by many people.

As soon as the funeral was over on Tuesday, we loaded up and started the long drive home. I made it home by 11:00 that night and was tired beyond explanation. It took several days to recoup from the trip but I am so glad I was able to go and support my friend during this extremely difficult time in her life.

-------------------------------------------
On Wednesday, Eden started acting very fussy. She wasn't eating and wanted to be held all the time. Her nose started running and she was coughing but she wasn't running any fever so I didn't know what to think about it...teething, upper respiratory infection, ear infection.

After two days of not getting any better, I decided to take her in to see our pediatrician this afternoon. Turns out she has another ear infection. Hopefully the new antibiotic will kick in soon and we will have our happy, easy going little girl back in no time.

---------------------------------------------
To top the week off, while we were waiting to be called at the doctor's office this afternoon, Parker fell off the slide they have in the waiting room and busted his lip. This is his first busted lip and it was a doozy! So instead of trying to comfort Eden at the doctor's office, I was now having to comfort a screaming, bloody Parker.

On a positive note, I am thankful that we don't have any family portraits coming up this weekend! And I'm hoping that the fat lip will hurt so much that Parker won't want to suck his thumb while it is so swollen!


I am not sure what the weekend will bring for our family but I am hoping that it will not include any more illness or injuries! Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment