Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day

When I woke up this morning I have to admit that I was a little disappointed. All of the areas north of us had already gotten a lot of snow and all we were getting was sleet and rain.

We went to school as usual but by 10 o'clock the snow had started falling hard. School was released early and because Parker's preschool follows the school district's bad weather policies, he also got out early.

By the time we got home, the snow was covering the ground enough that we were going to be able to go out and let the kids enjoy playing in the snow for the first time in their lives.

I made the horrible mistake of telling Parker that after he took a nap, we would go out and play in the snow. What was I thinking?!?! He spent his entire nap time playing in his crib- talking, singing, even doing somersaults.

After rest time, we bundled up the kids as best as we could. We have some family friends who had given us their son's old ski clothes, so Parker was dressed perfectly for the snow. We had to do a little improvising and layering for Eden, but in the end, she was the cutest little snow princess I've ever seen!

Parker and Eden reacted exactly as we thought they would to the snow. Eden was the first one out in the snow and showed no fear. Parker, on the other hand, was quite timid and took a while to even step out into the snow. In the end, he enjoyed it. His favorite things were eating the snow and throwing snowballs at his daddy. He also thought it was pretty funny to throw a huge snowball right in Eden's face. She, however, did not think that was so funny.

Our adventure only lasted 15 minutes, but we had so much fun. I am so glad that Cory was off today, because I don't think I would have been brave enough to take them both out in the snow on my own.

We came in, warmed up by the fire, ate yummy chicken tortilla soup for dinner, and ended the night with homemade chocolate chip cookies.

I know the kids won't remember today, but it will definitely go down in my book as one of the best. The snow was absolutely beautiful and it will probably be a long time before we see this amount of snow again.

"What are these things on my hands?"Our snow princess
Throwing snowballs
Mommy and Parker
Mommy and Eden
Parker, Mommy and Eden
Eden, Daddy and Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment