Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cousins

Growing up, I was not close to my cousins. This was probably due to the fact that we did not live close to them and I did not see them very often. When we did get together, we always had fun playing and as an adult, I enjoy seeing them at family functions, but I never formed close relationships with them.

One thing I have always wanted is for my kids to be close friends with their cousins. We are so lucky that my sister lives less than an hour away and we get to see them almost once a week. This summer we have been able to get together several times to play. It is so fun to watch the kids interact as they get older. Parker truly enjoys when we get to play with them and his face always lights up when I tell him that Addison and Aubrey are coming over. My prayer is that they will be more like siblings than cousins and they will always enjoy spending time with each other.

Playing in the tent

Parker is going to have quite a job taking care of and protecting all of these girls as they get older! Don't they just look like trouble in the making!

Here the are playing "Ring Around the Rosie". So sweet!!

1 comment:

  1. Did Celine Dion make a guest appearance at y'alls house for the 'ring around the rosie' song? M

    ReplyDelete