Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Colorado- Day 6

Friday was our last full day in Colorado. I'm still sad that I'm not there anymore. It was such a great trip and I really didn't want to come back home.

We started our last day with an attempt to get some good family pictures (which I will put in a separate post later). Eden wanted nothing to do with pictures, even after being bribed with a sucker, so they didn't turn out great, but I guess that's to be expected when several young children are involved with picture taking.

My mom convinced Parker that we needed a picture of him hugging Addison. I don't think Addison thought it was such a great idea!

Eden got a sucker despite the fact that she didn't cooperate for pictures. After pictures, we went for our last breakfast at Clint's (sniff, sniff). As usual, it was delicious and I am already looking forward to eating there again next year. While we ate, the kids spent some time looking for chipmunks with Granna. They were all over the area and we finally found one as we were leaving to go back to the condo. Next to our condo was a store that gave train rides. We found a coupon in the lobby and decided to let the kids ride the train. Emily and I decided that the little girls weren't old enough to ride solo, so we got the privilege of riding the train too. (Next time, Cory and Jon will get that privilege!!) Don't Emily and I look like we are having fun!!
Parker and Addison
We tried to get the kids to wear the cute animal hats during the ride, but they wanted nothing to do with them. Emily and I ended up getting to wear them most of the time.

I was able to put this hat on Eden just long enough to take a picture. Addison kept hers on for a picture too. After the never ending train ride was over, we let Parker and Addison have one more picnic lunch in the condo. Granna found some Clifford juice boxes for the kids and they were a big hit, especially with Addison, who loves anything Clifford right now.
After we put the kids down for naps, Cory and Jon left to go tour the Country Boy mine. Cory has always wanted to do this, but has never had anyone else who wanted to go with him. I was so thankful when Jon showed some interest in wanting to see the mine.


After naps, we made homemade Frappuccinos. Eden thought they tasted pretty good! We all had to leave pretty early the next morning, so Emily and I went ahead and started packing our bags. Meredith kept the girls entertained by coloring some pictures with them.
After the kids were in bed, we went walking downtown to enjoy the cooler weather one more time before we headed back to the 100+ degree Texas weather. While we were sitting on a bench drinking some hot cider, a fox ran right past us. You don't see that in Cleburne very often.
The trip home on Saturday went very smooth. The kids did a great job on the plane and we made it home safely. As much as I hated being home, it felt so nice to sleep in my own bed. I think the kids were glad to be back in their own beds too.
We made a lot of wonderful memories in Breckenridge and I can't wait to go back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment