Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cooler Weather

Yesterday we finally got a break in the hot, humid weather that has confined us to our house for several weeks. It was cloudy with a nice breeze and I definitely wanted to get the kids outside and take advantage of it. In Texas, you never know when the 100+ temperatures will return and make you a prisoner in your house again.

After I got off of work, we left to go visit a friend in Aledo who has three girls. Every season, she calls me and lets me know when she is selling some of their cute clothes that they have outgrown. I always get some great gently used clothes and shoes for Eden at a really good price. My sister and her girls met us there to "shop" and play with her girls for the afternoon.

On the way to her house, Emily and I saw this great park and decided to take the kids on our way home. The kids had a great time running, jumping, sliding, chasing, hiding, climbing, swinging, and digging. I think they were just glad to finally be outside rather than cooped up in the house. We stayed as long as we possibly could and Parker still asked for 'one more minute' when it was time to go.

SLIDING




RIDING

SWINGING
CHASING

CLIMBING


CRAWLING

PEEKING

When it was time to go we told the kids to give each other good bye hugs. So sweet! I love that they love each other. One of the best parts of the day was when we were swinging and Parker told me, "Addison is my favorite friend." It is so nice that they truly love being together and miss each other when they haven't seen each other in a while. I hope it will stay this way for many more years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment