Sunday, September 30, 2012

7 Years

Today marks the seven year anniversary of losing our sweet Katelyn.  Today, instead of blowing out candles, opening presents, and eating cake, she is singing and dancing with the angels in heaven.  It's hard to be sad when you think about it that way.

But, like every other year, I am sad.
Really sad.

I'm not sure why today seems so hard, and I guess when I think back, it's really no harder than any other year. You'd think that after seven years, it would no longer feel like I've been punched in the heart, but it does.  Every detail of that day comes flooding  right back to me like it was yesterday.  Oh, how I wish I could have her back. 

But I can't. 

So, today I will celebrate her life by showering Parker, Eden, and Lily with an extra dose of love.  I will hug them longer, kiss them more often and tell them how much I love them even when they push me to my limits.  I will not take them for granted because I know the pain that comes with losing a child.  What blessings they are to me, especially on a day like today!

Happy Birthday Katelyn!  We love you and you will always hold a special place in our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment