Saturday, September 1, 2012

Super Grizzly

Parker had a GREAT first week in kindergarten!  He in completely in love with school and his teacher, Mrs. Pritchard. (He cried last night when I told him we didn't have to set his alarm for school today!) 

His favorite things about school so far have been eating pizza in the cafeteria on Friday, going to centers, and getting to pick something out of Mrs. Pritchard's treasure chest for having good behavior all week. 

We are so proud of how well he has listened and obeyed the rules at school so far.  (Finally, I can see my consistent parenting paying off!)  He made good choices and stayed on "green" every day but I always got a daily report of who in his class did not make good choices.  He was really bothered by the fact that some of his classmates had to change their color and asked me repeatedly for reasons why they would make bad choices and not listen to the teacher. 

Because he had such good behavior this week, his teacher picked him to be the Super Grizzly!  Each Friday, each kindergarten teacher chooses one student to be the Super Grizzly (aka- Student of the Week).  They get to help with the announcements by reciting the Pledge of Allegiance with the principal.  They also get to wear a special Super Grizzly vest and have their All About Me poster displayed in the hall.  What an honor to be the first Super Grizzly of the year! 
After helping with the Pledge, all three Super Grizzlies got a special pencil from our principal, Mr. Blalock.
I could not be more proud of my sweet boy!  I hope he continues to love school and learning!  I am so thankful to his teacher for making him feel so special this week and can't wait to see what the rest of the year has in store for him!


No comments:

Post a Comment