Monday, August 27, 2012

Parker's First Day of Kindergarten

The day that I've been dreading for five years and four months is finally here... Parker started kindergarten today!

We went last week to let Parker meet his teacher, Mrs. Pritchard.  We are so thankful for her and as hard as it was for me to leave him in his classroom this morning, I know that he is in great hands!

(A funny Parker story:  After Meet the Teacher, I asked Parker what he thought about his classroom and his response was, "It was good!".  Then I asked him what he thought about his teacher and he enthusiastically replied, "Oh, it was gooder!!"  I think Mrs. Pritchard made a good impression on him!)
Parker was excited about going to school this morning.  He did not get nervous until he walked into the building and then I could tell that he was a little unsure of things by the way he gripped my hand all the way down the hall.  I was so proud of him once we got to his classroom.  He went right to his seat and started working.  Not one tear was shed (by him, at least!).  I did a good job of holding it together until I got in the hall and then I will admit that I got a little teary.  I know that this is the next step, but it sure is hard to let him go.

I peeked in on him at lunch and he seemed to be doing great!  I am counting down the minutes until we get to pick him up.  Eden has asked about Parker at least a half dozen times so I know she will be just as excited as I am to see him!

No comments:

Post a Comment