Monday, August 6, 2012

The Lazy Days of Summer

Two weeks.

I start back to school in two weeks. How on earth is summer almost over?   And how on earth do I have a five year old who will be starting school with me? 

We have not been doing a whole lot lately.  We're spending a lot of time inside trying to avoid the 100+ degree temperatures that August brings and looking forward to the cooler temps that fall will bring so that we can go outside again.

A couple of weekends ago, we attempted to go to the park.  The kids enjoyed feeding the ducks and then after less than 5 minutes on the playground were begging to go home.  The slides and swings were so hot that their legs were getting burned and I have to admit, I was kind of glad they didn't want to play.  It was just too hot!
We've had lots of play dates with Jolea, Trip, Addison and Aubrey...
and lots of trips to Sonic for Happy Hour slushies!  (Notice that Parker is still in his pajamas!  There have been several days that he has asked to stay in them all day!)
I've been working on a few projects around the house, including this alphabet wall in the kid's playroom.  It took me over a year to finish it, but I was very pleased with the final product.  (Thanks to Pinterest for the inspiration!)
Most of our outings this summer have been to Granna and Granstan's house to swim!  The kids have turned into little fish and they can't get enough.  Eden usually asks me as soon as she gets out of bed in the morning when we are going to go swimming.  Parker has been learning how to do a front flip into the pool and Eden has finally gotten brave enough to jump off the side of the pool.  I'm so proud of how well they are both swimming and thankful that they feel so comfortable in the water.
It may not seem very exciting but I am loving spending my days with these three kiddos.  They fill my days with joy and I am so blessed that they are mine.  I sure am going to miss them when our lazy summer days are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment