Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Catching Up

I realize that it's been two weeks since I've updated the blog, but I have several very good reasons why:
1) I've been working really hard on completing my 2012 blog book so that I can order it with the 20% off coupon that Blurb sent me last week
2) Cory and I are right in the middle of watching season two of Breaking Bad on Netflix and because of the content, we have to wait until after the kids are in bed at night (which is also when I usually work on my posts)
AND
3) January is off to a slow start with not a lot of things going on, which is nice for us but boring for the blog.

Here are a few things that we've been up to so far in 2013...

-Eden went for her four year checkup last week and, much to her dismay, got 4 shots. It wasn't fun- for her or me! She cried for a while and then became obsessed with talking about them. She would show them to me, ask me (and everyone else in the family) if I had even gotten a shot, wondered where I had gotten my shots (arm or leg) and asked if she would have to have any more shots.

A few days after her appointment, she was playing with the cars during nap time and I noticed the cars looked like this:
When I asked her about the cars, she informed me that the cars had to go to the doctor to get some shots.  Like I said...she was completely obsessed with them!

Little did she know that only one week later she was going to have to get another shot... her flu shot. Our pediatrician was out of them so we had to go to a local clinic for it and she was not happy when I told her. She made sure to protect her boo-boo by placing several band-aids on it!
-Cory and I enjoyed dinner at Del Frisco's with his coworkers.  It has been a long time since we've enjoyed a nice steak dinner and we ate way too much!
-Cory's aunt and uncle from California came to town to visit.  We only see them once every couple of years so it was great to have them over for dinner last week and catch up.
-Cold temperatures have kept us inside this month, but that doesn't mean we've stopped saving the world!  And I bet you didn't know that Spider-(Wo)Man wore high heels!!!  (Lily was shooting her web in this picture- priceless!)
January has been off to a slow start but I have a feeling that it will be picking up again soon!  I think I'll just continue to enjoy this slower pace while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment