Thursday, November 7, 2013

Lily's Ladybug Birthday Party

I realize that it has been weeks since I have blogged.  This week is the first week in the past three weeks that we have not had something to do every single night.  And then our internet was down for 3 out of 4 days.  But I'm happy to report that I'm back and ready to get caught up with what we've been doing. 
 
October is a very busy month for us.  Between Lily's birthday, fall baseball, fall festivals, and trick or treating, there is very little down time.  The first few weeks of November seem to slow down before the craziness of the holidays start.  I've enjoyed being home this week with nothing to do and nowhere to go.  I'm hoping our internet is finally fixed so that I can get caught up on all of the posts that are floating around in my head.  My last post was Lily's birthday letter so I guess the best place to start my catching up should be about her birthday party.
 
We had a very small, family-only birthday party the weekend before Lily's birthday.  I wanted to make Lily feel special but also wanted to keep it small and simple.  I let Lily decide what kind of party she wanted this year since she tends to be quite opinionated on these things.  She went back and forth between puppies, butterflies, ladybugs, and Hello Kitty but finally decided on a ladybug party.  (I may or may not have strongly pushed her in that direction since I already had a ladybug cake pan!)  
We took as many family pictures as we could before the party.  I love the pic of all three kids.  It's proof that they really do love each other most of the time! 
Lily has had so much fun riding her cousin's bike this fall that we decided it was time for her to have her own bike.  We made her close her eyes while Cory wheeled it in.  She was so excited when she opened her eyes and saw her very own Minnie Mouse bike!
She must have been peeking in some of her other presents while we weren't looking because as we were taking the bike outside to let her ride on it, she ran over to one of the packages and said "Hold on.  I have to get my helmet!".  She reached into one of the bags and proudly pulled out a pink helmet!  She is such a funny girl!  You never know what she is going to say or do!
While Daddy went to pick up the pizzas for dinner, Lily tested out her new bike.  She does such a good job pedaling all on her own and rarely needs help anymore.  I think that's pretty good for a three year old.   
After dinner, we let Lily open the rest of her presents.  She was so excited about all of her bike accessories and her new baby doll. 
One of her favorite gifts was a puppy bed that came with 5 small stuffed puppies.  I got it at a garage sale a few months ago for $2.  It had never been opened and I knew that she would love it.  Lily has always loved puppies and is always asking me if I'm going to go with her to pick out a new puppy.  Since we have no plans to add a puppy to our family, I figured this was the next best thing. 
Just as I had thought, the puppies were the hit of the party and she has slept with them every night since her party.
After presents, we ended her party with the pink and green ladybug cake that I had made. 
She acted embarrassed while we were singing to her, but I'm pretty sure that she was loving every bit of the attention she was getting!
Lily's party was short and sweet but we had a fun time celebrating our precious girl!  I still can't believe my baby is three!  I hope this year has wonderful things in store for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment