Sunday, October 27, 2013

Six and a Half

Parker,
Today you are half way to turning seven!  Time sure seems to be going faster the older you get but I am loving watching you turn into a great young man.  Here are some things I want to remember about you as you turn six and a half.

-I don't know how much you weigh or how tall you are right now, but I do know that you are one of the tallest kids in your class and you seem to be getting bigger daily.  You wear size 7 clothes and size 2 1/2 shoes.  You are going to be taller than me before I know it!

-You are a pretty good eater and are getting better at trying new things.  You usually ask for seconds or thirds when I fix a meal you like!  Your favorites are still spaghetti and tacos.  You also love chicken nuggets, taco salad, roast, turkey and cheese sandwiches, all kinds of fruit, and chips and queso. 

- You love school and are a great student!  I am so thankful that learning comes easy to you.  You love your teacher, Mrs. Brightwell, and are learning so much in first grade.  You are currently reading on a level 27 and your favorite books are the Magic Tree House chapter books. 

-You still love to play video games on the computer, Playstation and iPad.  You get to play for about 30 minutes every day after you finish you homework but you could easily play for hours at a time if we would let you.

-You have reached one of the two goals you set for this year- you learned to ride you bike.  You love riding and ask me to come outside with you every day so that you can ride.  Now we just need to teach you how to tie your shoes, which was your second goal!

-You are so active and love to move.  You recently joined the Mighty Milers running club at school.  The first day you ran 3 miles in an hour and were so proud of yourself.

-Your favorite sport is still baseball.  You were sad when fall ball ended because it means you have to wait 4 more months before you get to play again. 

-You are such a good helper around the house and often help without complaining.  It's nice to be able to have a little help with some of the chores.

I never thought you and I would survive your toddler years but I am so glad we did!  You are such a fun kid and I find myself missing you during the day and always look forward to picking you up from school.  You are still strong willed and stubborn but you are learning how to keep it under control so that it doesn't get you in trouble!  I love you so much and am so proud to call you my son!  I can't wait to see what the second half of your sixth year brings!

I love you to the moon and back, Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment