Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Three Years Old

Lily Claire,
Today you turn three years old!  What a fast three years it has been!  It seems like just yesterday that you made your quick arrival into this world.  You are so passionate about life and bring a smile to my face every day!  Here are a few of the things I want to remember about you as you turn three:

-You weigh 38 pounds (95th percentile) and are 40 inches tall (97th percentile).  You wear size 5T clothes.  You are the tallest one in your preschool class. 

-You are very independent and like to do everything by yourself.  We often disagree on what you can and can not do without help and you often prove me wrong when I think you need help accomplishing something. 

-You are no longer taking naps.  You still need one some days, but if I let you take one, you won't go to sleep at night.  You are still not easy to put to bed at night, but you are usually so tired that you don't put up much of a fight.

-You love to sing!  You can often be found singing while you play or while we are in the car.  You also like to sing at preschool.

-Your facial expressions make me smile every day!  You often get so excited about whatever you are talking about and your face becomes so animated. 

-You love to play outside and color.  You can almost always be found swinging, riding your bike, coloring in your coloring books, or drawing your own pictures. 

-It is rare that you can be found watching TV.  You usually lose interest after about 10 minutes.  Your favorite shows right now are Team Umizoomi and Little Bear.

-You LOVE baby dolls. You can often be found with at least one baby doll in your arms and you always sleep with at least two or three (or ten!) of them. 

-You are a GREAT eater!  You will usually try new things that are offered.  You love fruits and most vegetables.  Some of your favorites are apples, broccoli, strawberries, and oranges.  You also like salad, pancakes, tacos, and chicken nuggets.  Your favorite snacks right now are fruit snacks and goldfish.

-You are strong willed and know what you want and when you want it, which is usually right now!  You do not like when you don't get your way and have been known to throw quite a tantrum.  We are working on being patient and not getting upset when things don't happen immediately.

-You have been diaper free (day and night) for several months.  For the first few months, you got up at least (sometimes twice) a night to go to the bathroom, but now you can usually make it all night long without waking up.

-You are definitely a mommy's girl!  You cry if I ever leave the house without you and will always choose mommy over daddy if given the choice. 

-You give the best kisses and hugs when I leave for work in the morning and at night when I put you to bed.  I look forward to them every day!

You are such a beautiful little girl on the inside and out!  I feel so blessed that God chose me to be your mommy and I pray that you will always know how much I love you!  I can't wait to watch you grow and change over the next year.  Happy Birthday, my sweet girl! 

I love you to the moon and back, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment