Monday, April 27, 2015

Eight Years Old

Parker Brown (that's how you always sign your name now!)-
     Today you turn eight years old!  I must be in denial because I still feel like you should be turning five!  The past year has flown by and you have changed so much over the past few months.  You are quickly changing from a little boy into a young man and as much as I hate to admit it, I really love this stage that you are in!  There will always be things I miss about when you were little, but there are so many great things about you getting bigger that I'm learning to love too!  Here are some of the things I want to remember as you turn another year older:

-You are still tall and thin and continue to be one of the tallest boys in your class.  You weigh about 70 pounds, wear size 8 clothes and size 5 1/2 shoe. 

-You eat A LOT!! You eat all day long and sometimes eat a snack within an hour of finishing a meal.  I don't know where you put it all!  Some of your favorites are spaghetti, tacos, fruit, pepperoni, cheese, chips and salsa, ice cream, and hot dogs.  You've recently decided that you like hamburgers but have stopped liking chicken nuggets. 

-You are a great student and excel in school.  You've made straight A's all year and love Mrs. Humphreys' class.  You are such a rule follower and never get in trouble at school.

-You love to read!  You read all the time and recently earned a Kindle Fire for reading 1.5 million words in the AR program at school.  You are the only second grader in our school that reached that goal. 

-You also love to play computer, iPad and/or video games!  You play every day after you finish your homework.  Your favorite games right now are Mario Kart 8, Super Mario, and Diablo 3. 

-You still love to play baseball and are enjoying playing on your select team this spring.  You usually play third base or left field. 

-Your closest friends right now are still Cole and Robert.  You are also buddies with Trip, Cullen, Creed, Kaden, and David. 

-You love your sisters but the way you often show it is by bothering them!  It drives me crazy!  You have sweet moments with them but most of the time you are pushing their buttons and trying your best to upset them.

-Your sense of humor and understanding of sarcasm is really starting to develop.  It's fun to be able to joke with you in a more grown up way.

You still have your difficult moments, but overall, you are such a joy to parent!  I hope you will always know how much my life changed for the better eight years ago when they placed you in my arms for the first time.  I pray that this year will be your best one yet!

I love you to the moon and back, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment