Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Four and a Half

Lily Claire-
     Today you are four and a half!  You are so excited about being able to add that "half" to your age!  You told me earlier today that four year olds might say ugly things to others but now that you are four and a half, you wouldn't do that anymore!  With age comes great responsibility- ha!  Here are some things I want to always remember about you as turn a half year older:

-You continue to be the tallest kid in your class and tower over most of the other little girls!  You are wearing size 6 clothes and size 12/13 shoes. 

-You may be the tallest in your class but thankfully you are not too big for me to hold.  I love when you ask me to hold you, rock you, and snuggle with you.  It will be a sad, sad day when you get too big for that!

-You are still our most adventurous eater and will usually try most things.  (You tried edamame a few weeks ago and loved it!)  Even though you like most foods, the two things you are not crazy about are spaghetti and beans.  You still love fruit, tacos, yogurt, and your new favorite food is corn dogs!  You ask for a corn dog for lunch every.single.day! 

-You say the funniest things!  You still mix up words at least once a day which never fails to make me laugh!

-Your favorite cartoon right now is Octonauts.  You watch it every day while you are eating your picnic lunch.

-You are starting to read!  You were showing a lot of interest in learning to read like Eden so I taught you the word "the".  You now know several other sight words and can read easy, patterned books if they have those sight words in them.  It won't be long until you are reading just like your brother and sister.

-You love your baby dolls and are a great "mother" to them all.  You especially love when we get to take them on walks around the neighborhood.

-You love to color and paint and love it even more when I sit down and do it with you.

-You give the BEST hugs!  You give me several every day and I love each and every one of them!

-You love being the "only child" while Parker and Eden are at school and you can always talk me into getting you a special treat while we are out and about running errands.  You are definitely spoiled between the hours of 12-3:30!

I don't know what I would do without you Lily!  I am so glad that I have one more year with you as my sidekick before you start kindergarten!  Your happy, funny personality warms my heart, even on the hardest of days!  You complete our family so perfectly and I'm so glad I was chosen to be you mommy!  I can't wait to watch you grow over the next six months!

I love you to the moon and back, Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment