Monday, June 1, 2015

May Little Things

The month of May can be summarized with one word- RAIN!  I'm pretty sure it started raining on May 1st and didn't stop until May 31st!  The good thing is that our severe drought is now over.  The bad thing is that many areas, including all four major cities in Texas (Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and Houston) all experienced severe flooding during the month.  The east side of Cleburne even had enough flooding that school had a late start one morning due to many streets being under water.   
 
The large amount of rain kept the temperatures down during the month, but it was rarely dry enough for the kids to get outside to enjoy the cooler-than-normal weather.  Anytime the sun peeked out, the kids jumped at the chance to play outside.  One afternoon, I ran to Fort Worth with my mom and Cory sent me these pics:
The kids had a great afternoon playing in the mud and were filthy from head to toe by the end of their time outside.  It's probably a good thing I wasn't home when they asked their daddy to play in the mud!  I'm glad they had fun but I'm not sure I would have agreed to let them get that muddy!
Parker and Eden's classrooms were just a few doors apart this year so they often saw each other in the halls.  Parker's teacher took this picture one afternoon and texted it to me.  I think it was very comforting to Eden to have Parker so close to her this year.
Parker earned a trip to Hawaiian Falls by reading 250,000 words in AR.  Unfortunately, this picture on the bus was the only one I got of him all day.  He had a great time riding all the water slides with his friends and didn't stop long enough for even one picture!
Lily and Granna are always coming up with fun things to do while I'm at work.  One of their newest activities is playing/drawing/writing in shaving cream. 
This is one that she sent me while I was at work one day!
The last week of school we had Purple Pinkie Day.  The kids could pay $1 to have their pinkies painted purple.  The money earned was donated to the local pet shelter.  Eden was so proud to come down to my classroom and show off her purple pinkies!
Lily woke up one morning and declared that it was her baby doll's birthday.  She talked all day long about throwing her baby a birthday party.  It was just so sweet that I couldn't break her heart and say "no" so we called and invited Granna to come to her party.  We served brownies, sang "Happy Birthday", and opened a present.  I'm pretty sure Lily didn't stop smiling the entire evening.  She was so proud of the party that she planned for her baby! 
My mom kept Ryan several days after his preschool ended.  He and Lily convinced my parents to take them for all kinds of treats on those days, including several trips to the donut shop and Sweet Frog.  I have a feeling that it didn't take much convincing on their part! 
Like always, May was a very fast and busy month!  Only a few more days of school and then we can finally relax and enjoy our summer.  I'm definitely looking forward to not having to set an alarm clock for a couple of months!

No comments:

Post a Comment