Saturday, August 8, 2015

Colorado Vacation- Day 4- Bike Ride to Frisco

Uncle Craig flew into Colorado and got in very late Monday night.  The kids were so excited to see him when they woke up on Tuesday morning.  Meredith and Craig wanted to go on a bike ride from Breckenridge to Frisco that afternoon and wanted to take the kids with them.  I wasn't thrilled about the bike ride because I didn't want to go on a bike ride with the kids without Cory being there to enjoy it with us. 
 
Things like this are always hard for me.  It's hard to stay positive about life with MS when you see "normal" families enjoying activities together and you know that it's not a possibility for your own family.  The kids have never in their life been on a bike ride with Cory and it's one of those things that I had pretty much just given up on for our family.
 
It seems like every time I start getting down in the dumps about MS and the things it has taken away from us, God is faithful to come along and show me that he is always bigger than our circumstances.  As Cory and Craig were walking back to the condo from breakfast that morning, they passed a bike rental shop and noticed some electric assist bikes for rent.  After talking to the store owners, Cory excitedly called to tell me that he was going to get to join us on the bike ride this year! (Last year, electric bikes were banned from the bike trails but they recently lifted the ban and started allowing them again!)  I don't know who was more excited- Cory, me, or the kids!!  The family bike ride that I have always longed for was about to happen!
 
We finally got all of our bikes rented, got the girls' trailers hooked up and then we were on our way to Frisco!  With the exception of a one mile uphill stretch, the ride was easy and enjoyable!  The kids kept making comments about how their daddy was riding a bike with them!  There were several points along the 10 mile hike that I found myself tearing up as I watched Cory and the kids riding together.        
It truly was a great day and we were able to make memories that will last a lifetime.  I absolutely can not wait until next summer when we will be able to go on our next family bike ride! 

No comments:

Post a Comment