Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Colorado Vacation- Day 7- Hiking

Cory and I wanted to take the kids hiking again but we knew it would have to be a pretty easy hike both for him and the kids, so my mom googled "easy hikes for kids in Breckenridge" and found one right at the base of the mountain.  It was perfect- not too steep for Cory and not too long so the kids stayed interested!  It was great to go on a hike together as a family and ended up being a great morning!
As we finished the hike, we happened upon a bunch of people waiting in line to try something called Tumble Bubbles (basically plastic bubbles that you crawl inside and then walk on the water). Of course the kids begged to try them and since it wasn't very expensive to try, we said yes!  I even decided to try them out with the kids! We decided to go youngest to oldest, so Lily was up first.  I wasn't sure Eden would try it, but she jumped right in and never looked back!  I was so proud of her for trying something new! Parker was next and then it was my turn.  I did okay for a few minutes and then claustrophobia set in and I needed out fast!  They couldn't get me out fast enough and even though I'm glad I tried it, I most definitely won't be doing it again!  The kids, on the other hand, had a blast and can't wait to try it again next summer when we go back!
On the way back to the condo, the kids begged to wade in the river for a few minutes.  Since it was such a beautiful day and we weren't quite ready to go inside yet, we said yes!  I'm not sure how they stayed in the freezing water for so long, but they had a great time and even found a friendly dog to play with for a few minutes.

We were all exhausted by the time we finally got back to the condo so we spent the rest of the afternoon resting and taking naps.
A trip for ice cream after dinner ended another great day in the mountains.  We only had one more day before we had to pack up and head back to Texas!  We had packed a lot of fun into our next to last day and were looking forward to one more day in Breckenridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment