Tuesday, September 29, 2015

August/September Little Things

Tomorrow is the last day of September and since I never got around to posting about August little things, I decided to combine the past two months into one post.  We are now six weeks into the school year and it has flown by.  The holidays are going to be here before we know it!  Here are a few little things that happened over the past two months:

- We kept my parent's dog Brinkley for a few days while they were out of town in August and Lily was in heaven.  She wants a dog so badly and loved getting to play with him whenever she wanted. 
- I have no idea what Lily was doing but she wanted me to take a picture of her making a silly face at breakfast one morning. 
-My mom, sister and I took the girls on our first annual "Back to School" shopping trip.   Out goal was to try and find the girls something to wear on their first day of school. We were not terribly successful but I did find several things for Eden to wear once the weather gets colder.  We had a great girl's day out and I hope it is something we will be able to do every year with the girls.   
-Granstan surprised the kids with his new Corvette one Saturday afternoon.  Owning a Corvette is something my dad had wanted for as long as I can remember and it's so fun to see his dream finally come true.  Parker loved getting to ride around the block with him!
-Ryan and Lily didn't start preschool until the first week in September so they got to spend some extra time with Granna while the rest of us were already in school.  As always, Granna spoiled them with special treats like ice cream, picnics, donuts, playdates at the park, swimming and painting.  I'm glad they got to have some quality time together before preschool started.
-I took the kids to see Shawn the Sheep as one last summer outing.  There is very little dialogue in the movie and I may or may not have fallen asleep a few times while we were watching it.  The kids seemed to like it and I'm always glad to have an excuse to eat movie theater popcorn!
-Emily got a job as a part time speech therapist in our school district.  I do not see her very often but it is fun on those rare occasions when we are in the same place at the same time, like the district convocation during our week of inservice.  We definitely threw a lot of people off, especially those who didn't know I had a twin sister!
-I got to hang out with Ryan for a little bit on his actual birthday.  My mom had gotten him a little cake to celebrate on his special day.  I still can't believe he is already 4 years old!
-Parker, Eden and I survived our first week of school and all wore our blue shirts for the first Gerard "Blue Out" of the year.
-We celebrated Labor Day with a cookout at Emily and Jon's house.  Cory wanted to take the kids to see the fire trucks so we all loaded up and drove to Jon's station for a tour.  They loved getting to sit in the driver's seat of Jon's fire engine but their favorite part of the night was when the firefighters that were on shift offered them a popsicle. 
That wraps up August and September.  I'm looking forward to the next couple of months as we get ready for cooler temperatures, birthday celebrations for the girls, and lots of pumpkin spice lattes!

No comments:

Post a Comment