Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Eight and a Half

Parker-
     The past 8 1/2 years have flown by!  You are growing so quickly and you are going to be taller than me before I know it! I love the stage you are in right now!  You are getting old enough that we can joke with you but we can have more grown up conversations with you too.  Here are some of the things I want to remember about you at this stage of your life:
 
-You are still tall and thin but you are no longer the tallest boy in your class.  Several other boys have now caught up and are just as tall as you.  You weigh about 70 pounds and wear size 8/10 clothes and size 5/6 shoe. 
 
-You are a great student and an avid reader.  You continue to be on the A honor roll and have easily made you AR benchmarks.  You are currently reading the fourth Harry Potter book without any help from us. 
 
-You are a good eater and will try most foods.  You have started eating hamburgers but your favorite food continues to be spaghetti.  You also like tacos, taco salad, fruit (especially raspberries), chips and salsa, and eggs and bacon. You like cereal but refuse to eat it with milk!
 
-You are going to start Little Dribblers basketball in a few weeks.  Our new neighbor gave us a basketball goal and we have been shooting hoops almost every day after school.  I am anxious to see if you enjoy playing another sport as much as you love baseball.
 
-You still love playing computer games and video games, especially when Daddy plays with you.  You are always quick to get your homework finished so that you can play for a few minutes.
 
-You are such a good helper around the house and rarely complain when asked to help with chores. You will never know how much I appreciate your willingness to pitch in without complaining.  What a great example you are to your sisters!
 
-You love math and are excited to be learning multiplication in school.  You learn your facts quickly and easily and rarely need more than a few days to learn a new set of facts.
 
-You are learning how to write in cursive and can't wait to show me what new letters/words you have learned. 
 
You are a great kid, Parker, and I love hanging out with you every day.  I dread the day that I become too uncool for you to want to be around.  You are funny, smart, passionate, self motivated, and driven and I'm so thankful that God chose me to be your mom.  I hope you will always know just how loved you are and how proud I am to call you my son! 
 
I love you to the moon and back, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment