Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Sunshine Preschool Graduation

Today Lily had her graduation at Sunshine Preschool.  She looked so beautiful and was so excited for us to see her in her program.   
 
Lily did a great job singing but she was not feeling the motions today!  She was obviously nervous (by the way she was playing with her dress) and refused to do any of the motions but I'm proud of her for participating in the songs despite her nerves.
 
 After their songs, they received their diplomas.
 
We are so proud of Lily and the wonderful student she's becoming.  She loves school and learning and socializing with her friends.  I know she is going to make a great kindergartner in just a few short months! 
Lily was excited that Aunt Emily was able to stop by for a few minutes and watch her program.
 
We are so thankful for grandparents who are always faithful to come and support the kids in all they do. 
 
We have been so blessed with two incredible teachers over the past six years.  Parker, Eden and Lily have made so many wonderful memories with Miss Tammy and Miss Amy and I would be lying if I said I didn't shed some tears when I said goodbye to them today.  We will miss Sunshine Preschool terribly and even though I know we have many fun times ahead in kindergarten, the memories from the past six years will always hold a special place in my heart.
 
Finally, Lily has made some of the sweetest friends in preschool. Several of them will be attending Gerard with her next year and she is really going to miss the few that are going to other schools.
 We will definitely have to plan some playdates this summer so we can stay in touch!
It was a bittersweet day for this emotional mom!  It seems like we were just bringing our last baby home from the hospital and now she's about to head to kindergarten.  It's true what they say about the days being long but the years being short.  I know I'm going to blink my eyes and she's going  to be graduating from high school.  Today is such a reminder to me that I need to cherish every minute with my kids because time truly does fly by! 

Way to go, Lily!  We are so proud of you and can't wait to see you shine next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment