Friday, July 15, 2016

Lily Learns to Ride her Bike

This girl.
She is so determined. 
And stubborn.

She has been wanting to learn to ride her bike for a while now.  We've given it a few tries but it just wasn't clicking.  Plus it's been so hot that I haven't wanted to get outside and spend time trying in this heat. 

Earlier today, Emily called and told us that Ryan had learned how to ride his bike. Lily started begging to go out and try so I told her we would do it after dinner.  We started in the grass and after a few tries, I realized that she might actually be able to do it.  We moved to the driveway and after several failed attempts and many tears of frustration, she finally got it!  She was so proud of herself and although we still have some work to do as far as starting and stopping, she can successfully ride up and down the driveway. 

She has been my youngest and quickest kid to teach and I am glad that I am finished teaching kids how to ride bikes.  I am so proud that she didn't give up and she can't wait to ride bikes with Ryan the next time we see him!
Update: It took several days, but Lily and Ryan were finally able to ride bikes together!  I'm so proud of them for learning on the same day!

No comments:

Post a Comment