Sunday, November 20, 2016

8 Years Old

My sweet, loving Eden-
     Today you turn 8! You are growing and changing so quickly and I love the young lady your are becoming!  Your hugs make me happy and your smiles are contagious! Here are some of the things I want to remember about you as you turn 8:

- You are still tall and thin. You are one of the tallest girls in 2nd grade. You wear size 8-10 clothes and size 3 shoes.  We are going to be sharing shoes in no time!

-  You are still very stubborn when it comes to trying new foods.  I keep thinking that one day you will agree to try a new fruit or vegetable but so far you are sticking to applesauce and an occasional banana.  You still love to eat beans, manicotti, peanut butter/honey sandwiches, nachos, eggs, yogurt, and cheese.

- You are a great student and love 2nd grade!  Mrs. Humphreys has done a wonderful job of growing your confidence and you pretty much think she hung the moon.  Your writing skills are developing so quickly and you love to write stories.  You are a great reader but still will not read long chapter books.  My goal for you is to finish a chapter book by the end of the year.  

- You took the spring off, but asked to play soccer again this fall.  You are still fairly timid on the field, but you enjoy being with your friends. You are going to start basketball in just a few weeks so I'm anxious to see what you think of such a fast paced sport.

- You are both a night owl and an early riser.  You are the last to go to sleep at night and always the first one awake in the morning.  You are often up before your alarm goes off and always wake up happy. 

- You are a loyal friend and many of your favorite friends are boys.  You always talk about playing with Carson, Cooper, and Isahi at recess and you tell me all the time that you want to marry Carson when you grow up.  Your other friends are Reagan, Grace, Alyssa, Tai, Sara, Meghan, and, of course, Addison and Aubrey. 

- You are beginning to embrace your curls and freckles.  You no longer ask me when you are going to start growing straight hair. 

- You are so loving and give great hugs and kisses.  You still will not let me leave your room at bedtime without at least one hug and kiss.  And you always tell me "I love you to the moon and back" as I'm shutting your door at night. 

- My favorite time of day with you is bedtime.  Maybe it's a bedtime stall tactic, but you become such a chatter box and want to tell me about everything that has happened during the day.  I treasure this time with you every night.

Eden, you are so beautiful on the inside and out!  I hope you will always know how much Daddy and I love you and how proud we are of you!  You are becoming more and more confident with each passing year and I know you will always be able to do anything you put your mind to.  Thank you for being such a blessing to our family! 

I love you to the moon and back, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment