Monday, March 12, 2018

Two Road Trips

I recently took two long road trips- one to see my family and one to see Cory's.  They were fun but exhausting trips since we only stayed one night in each place.

Last weekend, Lily and I rode with my parents, Emily and Aubrey to Snyder for my cousin's funeral.  It was a five hour drive but Lily and Aubrey waited until we were 30 minutes away from our destination to fall asleep!
They loved staying in the hotel and eating the continental breakfast!
All of my dad's siblings were able to make it to the funeral.
Several of my other cousins were able to come too.  It was so good to see them and catch up with them.  I hate that we were there under such sad circumstances but it's always nice to visit with family that you don't see very often.
These were all the great grandkids that were there. Five of them belong to my cousin that lives in Snyder.  Lily and Aubrey loved getting to play with her younger two kids.
This past weekend, we drove to Lubbock for Cory's Aunt Ida's surprise 80th birthday party.  She had no idea we were coming and was so surprised to see everyone.
 
We haven't seen Cory's brother, Steven, in over a year so it was great to see him.
It was so nice to see family on both sides of our family but it felt nice to finally get home.  Two long road trips in two weekends is exhausting!  I'm so thankful that spring break is this week and we have several days to rest and catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment