Wednesday, March 20, 2019

4th Grade Field Trip to Austin

Two years ago, I had the privilege of being a chaperone on Parker's 4th grade Austin field trip.  Today, I got to repeat the trip with Eden and her classmates.  There were a lot of parents who asked to go, but only three were allowed so Mrs. Adams put the parent names in a hat and drew three names.  I felt very blessed that I was one of the names drawn.

We arrived at the school bright and early and loaded the buses promptly at 6:30am.  
The tour guide company had several activities for the students on the bus ride to Austin, including a movie on the excavation of La Salle's ship in the Gulf of Mexico.  The students would later see the actual ship at the Bob Bullock Museum once we arrived in Austin.
Our first stop was the Bob Bullock Museum.  They had added several new exhibits since I was there with Parker two years ago.
La Salle's ship
After the museum, we went and toured the State Capitol.
During the tour, we saw the House of Representatives chamber.  Unfortunately, the Senate was in session so we could not go into their chamber.
Mrs. Adams' class
Our final stop of the day was the Texas State Cemetery.  We didn't visit the cemetery on Parker's trip, so I was excited to see and learn some new things.
We saw the graves of Tom Landry and Chris Kyle.
The cemetery was beautiful and a great end to a fun day!  I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to spend the day with Eden and her class.  Hopefully I'll get to do it again with Lily in two years!

No comments:

Post a Comment