Tuesday, October 22, 2019

9 Years Old

My sweet Lily-
    What a blessing it's been to be your mom for the past 9 years! You are growing up so fast and I'm so proud of the beautiful young lady you're becoming.  I can't believe you're only one year away from double digits!  Here are the things I want to remember about you as you start a new year:

- Your growth didn't slow down this year!  You are still the tallest in your class (by a lot!).  I can't wait to see how tall you are when we go see Dr. Morrow for your annual checkup.  You are wearing size 14/16 clothes and I can't believe it but we are now sharing some shoes!  My dream of sharing shoes with you and Eden is quickly coming to an end!

- You love school and Mrs. Click! You are a great student and have been on the A Honor Roll every six weeks.  You are finally reading chapter books all the time and have gotten much quicker at your math facts this year.

- You are still my best eater and will try almost anything.  You love fruit, yogurt, salad, sushi, chicken salad, cheeseburgers, carrots with ranch dressing, Cheetos, and gummy bears.

- You are mature, dependable, responsible, and reliable.  You run errands for teachers at school all the time because they know they can count on you.

- You make friends easily and have a lot of friends at school and church.  Your best friends are still Ellie and Jery.

- You hated piano lessons but love sports- especially volleyball! I have a feeling your height is going to be a huge advantage for you if you stick with sports in middle school.

- You LOVE to snuggle with me every night before bed and every morning when you wake up.  You still fit perfectly in my lap and I dread the day we outgrow your rocking chair.  Laughing with you every night before bed as we rock is something I look forward to all day.

- You love playing outside with the neighbors (Cooper and Madeline) and prefer riding your scooter over riding your bike.

- You are great with Holland and the triplets- you are going to make a great babysitter soon.

You are one of a kind, Lily! I know I've said it before, but I'm so glad God knew we needed you to complete our family.  You keep us laughing and your joy for life is contagious!  I can't wait to see where this year leads you and I'm so thankful that I get to be a part of it!  Have a wonderful birthday, sweet girl!

I love you to the moon and back, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment