Friday, November 6, 2009

Better Late Than Never

Today I went on a field trip with my school to a pumpkin patch. It was their last day of field trips this season and they were going to throw away any pumpkin that did not get taken home with the students. Most of the students got to take home at least 2 pumpkins, and the teachers got to take some home as well. Not wanting any pumpkin to go through the fall season without fulfilling its pumpkin destiny, I picked two pumpkins and took them home to Parker and Eden.

During Halloween, time got away from us and we never got a chance to paint or carve a pumpkin. I decided today that tonight after dinner we would let Parker paint his pumpkin. He enjoyed it but only for about 5 minutes. Maybe next year, it will hold his attention a little but longer!

Tomorrow we may get brave and carve his pumpkin. Roasted pumpkin seeds are one of my favorite fall snacks and they are so much more healthy than all of the kids Halloween candy that I am still eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment