Friday, November 20, 2009

Celebrating our Birthday Girl

I always get excited when we get to hold one of our kid's birthday parties on their actual birthday. I don't know what it is about blowing out candles, eating cake, and opening presents on the actual day that seems to make it better for me, but it just does. It's one of my many quirks!

When I found out that Eden's birthday was on Friday this year, I assumed we would have her party on Saturday or Sunday. Not perfect in my mind, but it would be fine. Due to several family conflicts, both of those days ended up not working out, so I decided to have a Friday night party instead.

I wasn't sure how I was going to like having a Friday night party, but I have to tell you, it was one of my most favorite parties yet. I would do it again in a heartbeat and would highly recommend it to anyone thinking about it.

It was very laid back and because we were going up against bedtimes, it didn't linger on and on or last too long. Plus, now it is over and I have the whole weekend to do whatever I want. (And so do all of our guests!)
Eden looked so cute in her birthday outfit! She even kept her bow on for the majority of the evening, which shocked everyone.After eating pizza for dinner, we opened Eden's presents. Cory and I gave her her very first doll- Baby Stella. She also got a highchair and a feeding set for her new doll. After presents, we let Eden eat her cake. I spent the entire morning making her cake. I don't know if you can tell, but I tried to copy the design from the napkin when decorating the cake. It didn't turn out as cute as I had hoped, but it tasted good and in the end, that's really all that matters!
Eden didn't really know what to think when we gave her her own cake. It took her a minute to figure it out, but as you can see she did a pretty good job destroying it.

I am still having a hard time believing that Eden is now a year old. This past year has flown by faster than I could have ever imagined. Thanks again to all of our family who came to celebrate her birthday with her and made her feel special tonight. Eden is very lucky to have so many people in her life that love her so much!
Eden with Grandma and Papa Eden and Granna
Eden and Grandaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment