Monday, June 21, 2010

12th Anniversary

Cory and I celebrated our 12th anniversary yesterday.

My parents were kind enough to watch the kids and let us have a weekend getaway. We left after breakfast on Saturday and went shopping. Cory needed some clothes for work and I just haven't been shopping in a while. It is amazing how much easier and enjoyable it is to shop when you don't have 2 kids to worry about.

Saturday night we treated ourselves to a wonderful dinner at our favorite steakhouse, Del Friscos. The food was wonderful and the conversation was even better. It was nice to reflect upon some of our best/worst memories from the past 12 years.

Saturday morning we got up and went to the Gaylord Texan resort for breakfast. We both ate way too much but enjoyed every bite!

We ended our weekend with a trip to Fair Park Music Hall to see "Wicked". I have heard so many good things about this Broadway show and have always wanted to see it, so when Cory and I found out it was coming to Dallas, we quickly bought tickets. The show was wonderful- I loved the music! I would give anything to be able to sing like those performers.

Like all marriages, the past 12 years have been full of ups and downs, great moments and not-so-great moments, and lots of wonderful memories. I can not think of anyone else I would have rather spent them with than Cory and I can't wait to see what the next 12 years have in store for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment