Monday, June 14, 2010

A Great Birthday Weekend

This past Friday was my birthday and we ended up celebrating all weekend long.

On Friday, I took the kids to McDonald's for a birthday party and they had a blast. Even Eden was able to maneuver through the playscape and she didn't stop the entire 2 hours that we were there.
Cory's mom was nice enough to watch the kids Friday night so that we could go out to dinner and celebrate my birthday. We went to Chuy's Mexican restaurant because I was craving their burrito and it was SOOO good. It was so nice to relax and enjoy my meal without worrying about the kids. We even stopped at The Cheesecake Factory for a piece of cheesecake before we came home- YUM!!

On Saturday, my twin sister and her family drove to Cleburne so we could celebrate our birthday with our parents. We cooked out hamburgers, swam, and enjoyed birthday cupcakes.

On Sunday, my sister invited us to go to the Fort Worth Children's Museum with her family. I have always wanted to take the kids there and was excited for the chance to finally get to go.

The kids all had a great time! They enjoyed playing with water and digging for dinosaur bones in the sand.

The biggest hit of the afternoon was the mock grocery store that allowed the kids to grab a shopping cart and go shopping. After they finished their shopping, they got to use a register to check out. Parker loved doing this and I think that we would still be there right now if they had not kicked us out at closing time.

After an afternoon of playing, we had worked up quite an appetite, so we headed to Central Market for dinner. After a calm and relaxing dinner with 4 kids crazy dinner where Parker spilled an entire glass of water on himself, we let the kids play on the playground.

Finally, we headed over to Sweet Sammies Ice Cream for a yummy ice cream sandwich. My parents told us about this place and we have been wanting to try it for a while. They have 12 different types of homemade cookies and 10 different flavors of ice cream to choose from and it was so yummy.
Overall, it was a great birthday weekend. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful family to spend my special day with and I am looking forward to what the upcoming year has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment