Friday, October 15, 2010

Gerard Fall Festival

Tonight was the fall festival at my school. Although I am supposed to be resting as much as possible right now, I really wanted to take the kids and let them play some of the games. Plus, once the baby arrives, we are not going to be able to get out and about as much, so I wanted to take advantage of this time and make a few memories with the kids. We were also excited that Cory's parents were able to come and enjoy the evening with the kids. It's definitely one of the perks of having grandparents that live in the same town!

Before we left for the festival, I showed Parker the pictures I had taken from last year's festival so that he would have an idea of what we were going to be doing. He liked the pictures of the duck pond game and decided that is what he wanted to do first.

We got there right when it started to try and avoid some of the crowds and went straight to the duck pond game. Last year, Eden was still too little to participate but this year she had fun doing everything that Parker did. They both figured out very quickly that every time they finished a game, they got a piece of candy. I am pretty sure their dinner tonight consisted of suckers, M&Ms and Smarties.

I think both Parker and Eden had a really fun time tonight. Parker became very upset when we had to leave and cried the entire way home telling me that he wanted to go back and play more games. We will definitely look forward to going back next year!

Duck pond game

Going fishing
Soda Pop Walk
Daddy helping Eden with the basketball toss Pumpkin Pull

Searching for Pirate Treasure

No comments:

Post a Comment