Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Five Months Old

Lily- you turn five months old today! Here are a few of this months highlights:

-You are wearing size 3 diapers and 6-9 month clothes. You are still very chunky and your cheeks are so kissable!
-You discovered your hands this month and are constantly chewing on them. You are also very close to discovering your feet. -Your favorite things to do are swing with mommy, play under the play mat, and sit in the Bumbo. You love to sit in the Bumbo, especially while I am getting ready in the mornings and while we are eating lunch and dinner. I put you in the Exersaucer last week and you HATED it! You screamed bloody murder and your face turned bright red, so I think we will wait a few more weeks before we try that again!

-You are not sitting up on your own but are starting to be able to sit for a few minutes with the help of the Boppy. I am really hoping that you start sitting on your own very soon.
-You are still a great sleeper at night. You go to bed around 8pm and usually sleep until 7:30am. You usually take 3 naps a day- 2 hours in the morning, 1-1 1/2 hours in the afternoon, and 45 minutes around dinner time. You sleep on your back at night and on your tummy during your naps.
-You are not consistently rolling over but you did manage to roll over in your crib last weekend. I put you down on your tummy for your nap and when I came to get you, you were on your back.

-You hated eating cereal so we are no longer doing it. You would get very frustrated and refuse to open your mouth which would make me frustrated, so I decided that you just were not quite ready for it yet. We will probably try it again sometime in the next few weeks.

-You LOVE Parker and Eden. You watch their every move when they are playing around you. Parker can now make you laugh more than mommy can. A few nights ago at dinner, Parker made you laugh so loud that I could hear you all the way across the restaurant. I am so thankful that you already love each other so much and pray that you will always be close to your brother and sister.
Lily, you are getting more fun with each passing day! I hope you will always know how special you are and how much we love you! I can't wait to watch you grow and change over the next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment