Friday, March 11, 2011

A Reading Teacher's Dream Come True

Last week I had the privilege of watching my nieces for a few hours while my sister finished working. Yes- that means I was caring for 5 kids ages 3 1/2 and younger! I am happy to report that I survived the afternoon and would actually volunteer to do it again! The kids could not have been more well behaved and I was so proud of how well they played together.

Before naptime, I started reading Eden and Aubrey a story. Parker and Addison (who were supposed to be resting quietly in my bedroom) heard us reading and decided to join us. Before I knew it, all 4 kids had chosen a book and were quietly "reading" on their own. As a reading teacher who loves to watch kids learn to read, this was a dream come true! I hope that learning to read will come easy to all of them and that reading will always be something that they enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment