Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Blogging Funk

I am in a blogging funk. I think it is the heat. There is just no way to be creative or have many cohesive thoughts in this miserable heat. The weatherman said last night that in just a few more days, we will break the all time record of consecutive 100+ degree days in a summer. That's just not a record I'm excited about breaking.

Needless to say, we have been spending all of our time indoors, trying to stay busy and not go too stir crazy. I have tried to be a good mom and keep the kids entertained with different activities, but I'm going to be completely honest- Parker and Eden have watched more TV in the last few days than I usually allow.

The only thing that has given our lives some excitement lately is Granna's new puppy, Buster. The kids are completely IN LOVE with Buster and can't wait to go see him every day. Lily starts screaming and flapping her arms as soon as she sees him. Eden loves to carry him around the house and, luckily, has only dropped him a few times. Parker think he's great and is always trying to give him toys to play with. I am so glad they are getting to experience having a puppy and am even more thankful that it is at my mom's house and not mine!
Lily is literally getting into everything these days- the puppy's cage and refrigerator, just to name a few! She has also discovered the puppy's food and water bowls and gets her feelings very hurt when told "NO".
We have a couple of fun things planned for the next few days- all indoors, of course! I only have 5 more days of summer left and I really want to take advantage of the time I have left with the kids, regardless of the heat. I will end this way overdue post with this picture of Eden, who thoroughly enjoyed her ice cream tonight. Love that girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment