Monday, August 29, 2011

More Parkerisms and Our Very First Edenism

It has been way too long since I've posted about some of the funny things that Parker says. He cracks us up sometimes with the way that he butchers the English language and it usually takes multiple times of correcting him before he finally says things the correct way. Here are a few of the most recent:

-The poor kid has eczema so bad. One day he came up to me and said, "Mommy, I've got radishes (rashes) on my arm!"

-"Lily doesn't have any clothes on. She's nakeup!" (naked)

-"Mommy, can you get this newt (knot) out of my jump rope?"

-"Mommy, are we going to Granna's to put kenigals (chemicals) in the pool?"

-As we were putting together an ABC puzzle- "V is for Veanstalk!" (The V picture was actually a vine but Veanstalk (beanstalk) could work too!!)

-Howifying glass= magnifying glass

-One night we had a really bad storm with horribly loud wind. Even Cory and I were a little scared. The wind woke Parker up and as we were waiting for the storm to pass, Parker said, "Dad, that rain is so loud in my room. It's a crescendo!" Apparently, you CAN learn something from watching Little Einsteins!

-Pick up cheese= shredded cheese (I'm not sure how this one got started but it's the only thing we call shredded cheese in our house now.)

-Parker: "Mommy, I need to go pee pee."
Mommy: "What?" (we don't usually use this terminology when he needs to go to the bathroom)
Parker: "I need to go pee pee. That's Spanish for tee tee!"

-----------------------------------------------------
Eden is finally talking so much, but we still don't always know what she is saying. I'm sure there are some very funny things coming out of her mouth, but we just can't always interpret them! The one thing that she does consistently right now is add "NO" to the end of a sentence when she doesn't want or like something. She has a hard time saying "don't" so this is her own way to tell us when she dislikes something. For example:

"I like apples, no!" means "I don't like apples!"

OR

"I want green cup, no!" means "I don't want the green cup!"

Sweet girl! We are so proud of all of the progress she has made with her language development and I'm sure this will be the first of many funny Edenisms to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment