Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving- the day to reflect on the things that I'm thankful for in my life.

I have so many things to be thankful for, but especially the wonderful family that God has blessed me with.

We celebrated Thanksgiving one day early this year due to Meredith and Jon both having to work on Thursday. As always, I ate way too much and didn't regret one bite! I could seriously eat my weight in my mom's dressing. It is just that good.

This is definitely how we all felt after dinner...if only it was socially acceptable for us all to sit around with our pants unbuttoned!

Even though they were stuffed, the kids couldn't resist this cute cake that my mom got for Thanksgiving.Jon was so sweet to sit and read to Lily after dinner as she started entering her pre-bedtime "I-am-so-tired-I-am-going-to-make-everyone-miserable" fussy time.

On Thanksgiving Day, while the rest of the country was hustling and bustling trying to get food cooked and meals prepared, we were able to relax, do Thanksgiving crafts, watch Snow White with Granstan, and enjoy the beautiful weather by going to the park and playing outside. I actually really liked having our dinner a day early. We might have to think about making it a yearly tradition.



I am so thankful for all of the blessings in my life, but if I am completely honest, there have been many moments this year when I have lost focus of these blessings. Living with MS can be hard, overwhelming and stressful. It is easy to start feeling sorry for yourself and wish that you could change things in your life. Thanksgiving this year really refocused my thinking and helped me think about all of the wonderful things that I have in my life that I would never want to change. God has been so faithful to our family and I pray that as I move into this holiday season and start the new year that this feeling of thankfulness would remain. I am a very lucky wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. Thank you to all of you who fill my life with joy. I love you all very much! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment