Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick or Treat

Halloween was a very busy night for us this year. We started our evening at our church's Trunk or Treat and ended with traditional trick or treating with some friends. Before we got started I was able to get a picture of the kids in their costumes. Eden and Lily both went as butterflies this year, although Eden's wings were shed very early on in the evening and most people thought she was a ballerina! When I asked Parker a few weeks ago what he wanted to be, he quickly said, "Mom, I already have my Lightning McQueen costume", so he went as a repeat from last Halloween. Easy enough for me!
Lily did not mind her costume as long as the hood was off. Every time I tried to put it on, she cried, so we just let her be a headless butterfly!
The Trunk or Treat was first. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot, I realized that I had left Lily's costume at home. (I will definitely not be up for the Mother of the Year award!) Cory was sweet enough to go back and get it while I took the kids to start playing.

Parker wanted to try most of the games including pumpkin bowling, the football toss, and catching a live minnow a net! The only game I could persuade Eden to try was the fishing game. The favorites of the evening were, as always, the bounce house and the cotton candy!



Lily was perfectly content to ride in the wagon and watch. After the Trunk or Treat, we went to meet Jewell for some traditional door-to-door trick or treating. Again, the wagon proved to be an excellent idea! I didn't have to carry anyone or worry about anyone dashing out in front of the cars driving by.
Lily was such a trooper, especially after she got a sucker to enjoy!
Parker started the trick or treating in tears. (We still are not sure why he got upset.) After he finally calmed down, he had a great time with Jewell. They were inseparable the rest of the night. They held hands as they walked and talked in between houses. They even held hands as they went up to get their candy. So sweet!
I was exhausted by the time the night was over but had a great time making more memories with my kids! Now if I can just make myself stay out of the candy bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment