Thursday, April 26, 2012

Problem Solved

Lily has entered that stage that every parent hates: the I-can-do-it-myself stage.  She wants so badly to do things without my assistance, just like her big brother and sister.  One thing that I am constantly battling with her about is holding my hand while she is walking.  She loves walking instead of being carried, but refuses to hold my hand, which results in me carrying an unhappy toddler.  Not fun at all. 

Sunday at Wal.Mart, I had a lightbulb moment.  Lily loves her big brother and wants to copy everything he does.  After Parker took Cory's hand in the parking lot, I asked Lily to hold Parker's hand.  Without a fight, she instantly reached up, took his hand, and didn't let go until we were inside. 
Problem solved!  Think of all the fights I could have avoided if I had only thought of that sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment