Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Absolutely!!

I promise this will be my last post on our Colorado vacation, but when my father-in-law asked if I had any pictures of the condo we stayed in, I realized I hadn't really talked about our accommodations.  And it definitely deserves mentioning. 

During our week in Steamboat, we stayed in an upscale resort called One Steamboat Place.  Our condo was a 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom condo with two of the bedrooms being master suites.  It had an open living/dining/kitchen area that was perfect for our large group.  The condo also had a Little Tykes Room and Gameroom with a pool table and a Wii that we accessed almost every day to give the kids some play time.   It was definitely one of the nicest places I have ever stayed on vacation.  (Sorry Mom and Dad!  Don't get me wrong...I loved the Holiday Inns we always stayed at when I was a kid, but this might be a little higher on my list!)
The kids loved this huge bathtub in the junior master suite and I loved it because we could get everyone bathed at one time.  Meredith and I lined them up every night and created our own bath time assembly line! (Lily was usually in there too...I'm not quite sure where she was in this picture.)
One nice thing about our condo was that they drove us wherever we needed to go in Steamboat in this handy dandy bus, aka the "turtle".  They also provided all of the car seats while we were there.  All we had to do was call down, request the turtle, and give them a few minutes to get the car seats in.  The turtle held 13 people, which is exactly the number we had in our group.  It couldn't have worked out better.
The last thing that I think we will always remember about the condo is how friendly the staff was.  They could not have made our stay more pleasant.  It didn't matter what we asked, their answer was always "ABSOLUTELY"!  By the end of the week, it became a family joke to see how many times we could get them to answer "Absolutely!" to the requests we made.

"Can we get a trash pick up in Room 411?"
"Absolutely!"

"Can we get a ride into town for dinner?"
"Absolutely!"

"Can we get you to come put our tired and cranky kids to bed while we go out for drinks?"
"Absolutely!"
(Well... maybe we didn't ask them to do that, but we are pretty certain they would have if we had asked!)

I know I've said it before, but we are so thankful to the Ranelle's for graciously offering their condo to our family for the week.  It will definitely be a week we will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment