Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Colorado- Days 7 & 8

Addison and Aubrey didn't leave until after lunch on Friday so after breakfast Cory took the bigger kids for one last walk around the bottom of the mountain.  (Check out the two hot air balloons in the background.)
We spent the last few hours relaxing and playing in the plaza.  Parker and Cory played catch while the girls ran around and played in the flowerbeds. 
(Just moments after this picture was taken, Lily spilled her entire glass of orange juice down the front of her shirt.  More good times!)
After Emily's family left, Cory and Parker treated me to a massage down at the spa.  I truly think it was one of the best massages I have ever had.  It was so nice to be pampered after trying to keep lots of kids happy and entertained for a week.  I love my boys for being so thoughtful!

Saturday was time to head home.  It was a great week, but I was ready to get back to our own beds and daily routines.  The airport in Steamboat was very small.  In order to board the plane, we had to go outside and walk up the ramp to the door, which the kids thought was very cool!
The first flight was short and sweet! We made it to Denver without any issues.  Eden was in much better spirits this time and was able to walk through the airport on her own.  All three kids loved the moving walkways.  It kept them entertained for quite some time!  I'm actually thinking about installing one in our hallway!
I would love to report that the final flight went as smoothly as the first, but all good things must come to an end at some point.  Lily spent the last hour of the hour and a half flight screaming at the top of her lungs.  Nothing I tried would calm her down.  And believe me...I tried everything!  I've never been so ready for a flight to end (and I have a feeling the passengers around us felt the same way!)

A huge shout out to Aunt MerMer- we definitely could not have made this trip without her.  Her extra set of hands were priceless and we appreciate every time she stepped in to give us some help with the kids.  Thanks so much Aunt MerMer- we love you!
The kids were exhausted after a full day of traveling and we were all so happy to be back in our own beds that night.  We had a fabulous time in Colorado but the saying is so true- there's no place like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment