Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Colorado- Day 5

Lily and Ryan were both up at 5:30 on Wednesday morning.  Yes, I mean 5:30 AM!  What????  Aren't we supposed to be on vacation this week?  And this was the second day this week that this happened.  My child who is rarely up before 8:00 at home thought it would be fun to get me up before the sun was even up.  Emily and I were miserably tired, to say the least.  By the time breakfast rolled around, I felt like I'd been up for half the day.  It came as no surprise that Lily fell asleep in the stroller as soon as we started walking. 
While Lily was snoozing, Emily and I took the kids to preschool story time at the library.  They enjoyed some books about bubbles and then got to go outside and blow/pop some of their own bubbles. 
Next to the library was a park so we headed over there after story time to let them play for a while.  They had a fun time running, climbing, sliding, and swinging together.
For lunch, we found a pizza place that sold pizza by the slice. 
Pizza + Gatorade = 5 very happy kids
During nap time, Cory and Jon took Parker and Addison tubing down the Yampa River, my mom took Eden and Aubrey swimming, and Emily and I crashed with the babies.  I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a nap so much!
After dinner, we attempted another local park that had been recommended to us.  Unfortunately, the kids were worn out from our busy day and only lasted about 15 minutes before the meltdowns began, mostly over having to take turns on the handicapped swing.  Don't let the pictures fool you- there were a lot of crying children in the bus on the way back to the condo!  I have never been so glad to see bedtime arrive!
Parker loved playing catch with his daddy and Granstan in the mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment